Saturday, January 15, 2011

First mall adventure

Milo and I ventured out to the Galleria Mall with my niece and her friend. I figured it would be a good idea to get him used to crowds and practice riding the escalator to prepare for our first plane ride.
We spent about 4 hours walking around and talking to people.
Everyone who met him thought he was adorable and he absolutely loved all the attention! I am amazed at how excited he gets whenever he sees a young child. He is so drawn to children. (Which makes me think we will most likely concentrate on visiting children's hospitals)
The escalator was a trip! He did NOT want any part of going on it. He backed up, pulled away and looked at me like "Why on earth do you want me to go on that?!" So I stopped, let a few people go ahead of me, he watched intently and then (after doing this dance of trying to get him to go, him pulling back, watching others, repeat..) he finally followed a little boy and got on! When we got to the bottom, he hopped off and was very proud of himself, as was I! :) We repeated this process several times throughout the night. By the 6Th or 7Th time, he had it down!
A successful 1st trip out in public! Yay Milo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment